First Person Singular: ‘Real World’ star Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.)

As far as I know, I'm the first reality star to be elected as a congressman. "Hollywood Duffy" is the image the Democrat Party would like to push on me because I did reality TV. The truth is that I was born in northern Wisconsin, raised in northern Wisconsin and came back to raise my kids in northern Wisconsin. When I did my commercials for my campaign, I did them using lumberjack sports where I was chopping, talking about "taking an ax to Washington." I did logrolling to talk about how politicians were "dunking our kids, our workers and our seniors." And there were no stunt doubles. So, when people were hearing the claim that I was "Hollywood Sean Duffy," they were like: What? He's a lumberjack! He's from Wisconsin! What are you talking about? I'm all Wisconsin.

Read full article >>

N.C. Aizenman 15 Oct, 2011


--
Source: http://feeds.washingtonpost.com/click.phdo?i=6634fc09e4096b10753c8c3e5f2a16c3
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Most Top Article

Follow Us

Hot in week

item