Obama: 'Most Saturdays, I'm working'

President Obama says that when he lived in Chicago, he rooted for the University of Illinois when it came to college football.

Nowadays, however, the White House occupant doesn't have much time to follow any team in particular.

"I've got to admit, most Saturdays, I'm working," Obama told CBS during Saturday's Army-Navy game.

The interview took a bit of a political turn when the broadcasters noted that at least one college football team -- Auburn -- uses a picture of Obama to signal a play to their offense.

Obama said he doesn't know what kind of play his portrait inspires, but CBS broadcaster Verne Lundquist made a suggestion: "Either in the middle, or slightly to the left."

Obama -- who often spends weekends on the basketball court or the golf course -- also told Lundquist and broadcast partner Gary Danielson that he played football as a youngster, but only briefly.

"I played football in 9th grade and then I realized I was more built for basketball," Obama said.

"I was a big kid in the 8th grade," he added. "And then in the 9th grade suddenly everyone started getting a little heavier than me."

Related

News 6978758358772558454

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Most Top Article

Follow Us

Hot in week

item