Taylor Swift SLAMMED Kanye West, Kim Kardashian

Taylor Swift previously claimed Kanye West never told her he was going to rap, “I feel like me and Taylor might still have s3x / Why? I made that bitch famous” in this year’s “Famous,” but a video Kim Kardashian posted on her Snapchat shows the pair did discuss the song.


In the clip, West recites the lyrics, “To all my southside n—-s that know me best, I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex” to Swift on the phone, leaving out the last part of the lyric where West says he made Swift famous. She tells him to choose whatever line he thinks is best, and says, “It’s obviously very tongue-in-cheek either way… And I really appreciate you telling me about it. That’s really nice.”

“You gotta tell the story the way that it happened to you and the way that you experienced it,” Swift says in a different part of the conversation, seemingly referring to 2009 when West stormed the stage while Swift was accepting the award for Best Female Video at the MTV Video Music Awards. “You honestly didn’t know who I was before that. It doesn’t matter if I sold seven million of that album before you did that, which is what happened, you didn’t know who I was before that.”


Swift publicly responded soon after Kardashian posted the footage of the phone call: “That moment when Kanye West secretly records your phone call, then Kim posts it on the Internet,” she posted alongside a note on Instagram.

“Where is the video of Kanye telling me he was going to call me ‘that bitch’ in his song?’” she wrote in the note. “It doesn’t exist because it never happened. You don’t get to control someone’s emotional response to being called ‘that bitch’ in front of the entire world … While I wanted to be supportive of Kanye on the phone call, you cannot ‘approve’ a song you haven’t heard.”

She goes on to say, “Being falsely painted as a liar when I was never given the full story or played any part of the song is character assassination.”

Click To Large View

Soon after West debuted “Famous” this past February, a rep for Swift said, “Kanye did not call for approval, but to ask Taylor to release his single ‘Famous’ on her Twitter account. She declined and cautioned him about releasing a song with such a strong misogynistic message. Taylor was never made aware of the actual lyric, ‘I made that bitch famous.’”

West responded to the controversy by saying via Twitter that he and Taylor had an hour-long phone conversation about the line, “and she thought it was funny and gave her blessings.”

The lyric came up again in June when Kardashian, West’s wife, told GQ that Swift “totally approved” it.

“She totally knew that was coming out,” Kardashian said. “She wanted to all of a sudden act like she didn’t.” Once the GQ story came out, Swift’s team released a statement claiming that “Taylor heard [‘Famous’] for the first time when everyone else did and was humiliated.”

More recently, Kardashian addressed why she defended West in a promo clip for Keeping Up With the Kardashians. “I just felt like I wanted to defend him,” she says in the video. “Because it’s like, she legitimately, quote, says, ‘As soon as I get on that Grammy red carpet, I’m gonna tell all the press I was in on it.’”

That is not what happened at the Grammys, which took place just days after the world first heard “Famous,” though. Instead, Swift seemingly referenced West in her acceptance speech for the Album of the Year award.

“There are going to be people along the way who will try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame,” she said. “But if you just focus on the work, and you don’t let those people sidetrack you, some day when you get where you’re going, you will look around and know it is you and the people who love you who put you there.”

Swift and “Famous” once again collided in June when West premiered the music video for the song, which features nude recreations of multiple celebrities, including Swift, lying next to each other in a giant bed.

These “Famous” developments come on the heels of the recent reveal that Swift wrote the lyrics for ex-boyfriend Calvin Harris’ “This Is What You Came For,” a single released in April when the two were still dating, under a pseudonym. Once Swift’s rep confirmed this, Harris responded on his Twitter, where he said, “Hurtful to me at this point that [Swift] and her team would go so far out of their way to try and make ME look bad at this stage though.”

“I know you’re off tour and you need someone new to try and bury like KATY ETC,” he continued, referring to Swift’s rumored feud with Katy Perry, “but I’m not that guy, sorry. I won’t allow it.”

West has not yet commented on Swift’s response to the Snapchat video.

Tags :  Kim Kardashian, Kim Kardashian Snapchat, Kim Kardashian Taylor Swift, Kim Kardashian Kanye West Taylor Swift

Related

News 7627666109084860020

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Most Top Article

Follow Us

Hot in week

item