Ask Amy: Words of comfort make orphan feel worse

DEAR AMY: As I have worked over the last several days to clear out my parents' home and settle their affairs since their passing, I have been hearing over and over, "Now you're all alone in this." In fact, at the funeral, several people stated this.

They fail to finish their thought, which is, "... and I'm sure glad I'm not you." It's exhausting to come up with graceful responses to the statement when I really want to say, "We're all alone, Toots."

Every now and then you provide a little public service reminder about manners, so could you do so now?

Read full article >>

Paul Kane 06 Aug, 2011


--
Source: http://feeds.washingtonpost.com/click.phdo?i=ff4c6c5134c76f04ace509bb5999dbc9
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Most Top Article

Follow Us

Hot in week

item