Supermodel Elle Macpherson Bared It All for Playboy

Elle 'The Body' Macpherson, has revealed that she was happy to strip for Playboy, but 'on her own terms'. The 47-year-old supermodel recently explained why she decided to pose nude for the cover of the men's magazine in 1994.

After appearing naked in the film Sirens opposite Hugh Grant, the press launched a hunt for nude pictures of the statuesque Australian model, even pursuing ex-boyfriends.

In an effort to take control of the situation she thought: 'OK, you want naked? I'll give you naked - but on my terms', she told the Daily Telegraph. She added that she rang photographer Herb Ritts to take the racy snaps.

Elle, now a successful businesswoman, also told the paper that the Playboy job earned her enough money to buy her mum a house. The idea to start doing more than just modelling came to her in her twenties after she realised that working for a business in which she didn't have a profit share was not the way to go.

She was determined not to let other people profit from her beauty or talent more than she did, so when she was approached to put her name to a swimwear line she decided to launch her own lingerie line instead.

Elle Macpherson Intimates has been in business for 21 years and she recently launched Elle Macpherson - The Body, a bath and body collection. According to Forbes, Macpherson is now worth around $60 million.

Elle also spoke to the publication about being one of the first celebrities to be revealed as an alleged victim of phone hacking, but she pledged early on to allow the scandal to wash over her head.

'I believe I've made the right choice,' she said. 'And I made that choice years ago, because I did not want to perpetuate stories. I did not want to be involved, I did not enter into the discussions whatsoever.'

I made a decision not to become embroiled. Contrary to any suggestions, I categorically deny receiving any compensation whatsoever.'

She maintains she has never discussed hacking with Hugh Grant - her co-star in Sirens - or other showbusiness pals. 'I really didn't need to be jumping on a bandwagon or crusade,' she says, adding: I don't think I was aware of the magnitude at the time.'

Related

News 2881837079739661506

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Most Top Article

Follow Us

Hot in week

item